July 10, 2009
Returning from any holiday makes me step back and evaluate my life. Viewing the visual splendors of Flaming Gorge has caused my soul to transcend to a higher realm. Rather than allowing my uplifted soul to descend back to its normal everyday state, I want to raise the quality of my life to the level of my soaring soul.
The following list offers the details of my hopes, dreams, and aspirations:
- Achieve excellence in my employment. I shall inspire those I work with to reach for the brass ring. I shall rise to the top of the company ladder, but without stepping on others. I shall take very brief lunches, except for when they are power lunches, in which case they are not merely lunches at all, but important work. Also, I will propose that we move toward synchronized development and shall bone up on design architecture.
- Begin each day with a sun worshipping ceremony. Make sure all the kids are up for this. Kim too. I’ve got costumes on order, easily obtained over the Internet. Technology is wonderful!
- Finish reading Stanley Elkin’s The MacGuffin. I’m still on page 73. Frankly, I’m not convinced that The MacGuffin was an appropriate title for the book, and have quite a few other suggestions as well. I am noting these suggestions in the margins and will, once I am finished with the book, return it to the publisher along with a letter that they should implement my edits ASAP.
- Deepen my relationships with Ian, Holden, and Maddy by having weekly one on one personal inventories. I am especially concerned about the fact that two of the three children (I will not here reveal which two) have locked aluminum boxes, large enough to hold explosives, among other things.
- Begin with the end in mind. Live each day with the clear understanding that within 50 years, my mortal coil shall be cast into the ground and rotting. Also, I will never leave quad 1. No matter what. If someone comes to me with a quad 2 problem, I will either convert it to a quad 1 problem or simply tell that person that they are going to have to resolve the issue on their own.
- Enrich my inner core through the medium of tantric activities. I’m working on that right this very second, actually.
- Attain a higher level of respect within church circles. I will do this by being more generous with fast offerings and wearing a bow tie to church meetings.
- Change my blog password.